Payroll Implementation Consultant
Our mission and where you fit in
At Employment Hero, we’re an ambitious bunch of people on a mission to make employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
Since our inception in 2014, we've had some pretty impressive growth (100% YoY), now serving 300,000 businesses globally, with 2 million+ users on the platform, reaching unicorn status in 2022 - and we have no plans to slow down.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join one of the fastest-growing SaaS unicorns, so let’s see if we could be a match!
What might your days look like Life at Employment Hero
We're a team of global innovators, who cherish diverse perspectives that fuel our mission; to simplify the world of work for SMBs worldwide.
Our Implementations teams are a part of our Customer Experience Delivery teams, who are responsible for implementing the Employment Hero platform with customers. Our Payroll Implementation Consultant are responsible for gathering information and implementing our Payroll product. As our Payroll Implementation Consultant, you will be the primary contact point for customers during their implementations journey.
We are looking for experienced payroll specialists who are adept at managing change and stakeholder engagement, and can clearly communicate with our customers, who are not always experts in payroll processing or legislative requirements. Being a part of this transformative journey with our customers, you will work closely and broadly across a variety of teams including, the Implementations teams alongside our Project Managers, HR & Payroll Specialists.
As a Payroll Implementation Consultant, you’ll be responsible for managing these duties:
- Apply payroll best practice to the implementation of the EH payroll system.
- Accurately interpret modern awards, enterprise agreements and other conditions of employment for clients going through the implementation process.
- Root cause analysis to make recommendations on how outcomes can be achieved within product functionality.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and comfortable with having needs based and outcome driven conversations.
- Build and manage relationships with a clients as we configure their platform
- Assist with troubleshooting and client queries, and coordinate with internal teams for successful delivery.
- Mentor and train Data Analysts to allow them to provide meaningful assistance to the group.
- Ensure tasks are completed on time and the data in our business management systems (e.g. sales, support, project management, time tracking) is accurate and current.
What will you bring
- 2+ years payroll implementations and/or payroll management, AU payroll a must, NZ an advantage (however training will be given to successful candidates).
- Sound knowledge of current legislative payroll requirements pertinent to the country being implemented. As you will be commencing with Australian payroll implementations with a view to also work on our NZ clients.
- Exposure to other payroll software to therefore have an understanding of different system configurations.
- Ability to manage multiple clients to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong time management and schedule management.
- High level of written and verbal communication.
- Maintain and promote positive business relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to produce quality interactions and results.
- Customer service experience highly regarded
Experience is important, but for us the biggest measure of success is people who can live and breathe our values. Show us what you can bring to the table, and we’ll empower you to let your talents shine.
Life at Employment Hero
At Employment Hero, we're not just working remotely; we're integrating flexibility and global reach into the heart of our daily operations.
We also recognise the value of face-to-face connection, and organise local and global gatherings throughout the year to celebrate our wins and make meaningful connections with our colleagues.
Work your way
Every hero has unique powers. Bound by a common purpose and trust, we encourage each other to work in ways that allow us to bring our best selves to work.
We've got your back
Whether you're a seasoned remote-first pro, or a first-timer, you're in good company. With 900+ heroes globally, team support and collaboration is at your fingertips.
But don't just take it from us, here's a quote from one of our AU heroes:
"Working for a company that has purpose and meaning is felt throughout the entire business. No one turns up to work just to get paid - we turn up to work because we care and take pride in what we do, but we also know how to create balance and flexibility in the important things in our life, such as family, friends and leading a lifestyle consistent with our values."
Plus you'll get to enjoy a number of great perks, including:
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We've got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Reward and recognition programs - because great work should be recognised and rewarded
- Including Lightning Award for delivering quality work at speed and Values Champion Awards
- Swag app cashback offers and discounts on hundreds of your favourite brands and products
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Social events and team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero
- Annual Global Gathering to get to know your global colleagues - so far we've been to Thailand, Vietnam and are excited to meet in Bali in September 2024
We also recognise that the same recruitment process doesn't fit all, so should you require any accommodations or adjustments, simply let us know.
Are we a match?
Upon applying, you can anticipate a thorough review of your application, followed by an engaging interview process. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to meet with relevant stakeholders, gaining valuable insights into the organisation and the role.
Not exactly the right fit for you?
- If you’re excited about Employment Hero, but this role is not the one for you, we encourage you to explore our careers page, packed with many more great opportunities.
- Know someone who would be a great fit? Feel free to share the role with your network!
Note to recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.
# When applying for this position, please fill out all of the application questions, thank you #