Junior Fullstack Support Engineer
Our mission and where you fit in
At Employment Hero, we’re an ambitious bunch on a mission to make employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
Since our inception in 2014 we've had some pretty impressive growth (100% YoY), now serving 300,000 businesses globally, with 2 million+ users on the platform, reaching unicorn status in 2022 - and we have no plans to slow down.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join one of the fastest-growing SaaS unicorns, so let’s see if we could be a match!
What your days might look like
This role is with our HR, Benefits and Payroll Integration teams who build and run an all-in-one platform so our customers can manage everything from pay and annual leave to professional development and employee engagement.
We think support engineering is just as important as feature development and it's crucial to our revenue. As the first Senior Engineer in our newly created UK Support team, you'll have instant impact for customers as you investigate and fix urgent technical issues.
Week to week you'll be:
- Working across our Ruby, Typescript, React and Node.js codebases which are run in an AWS cloud environment using EC2 and Kubernetes
- Navigating different parts of a complex SAAS product - picking up new tools, technologies and subject domains quickly
- Working with UK Product Owners to triage and then resolve P1 and P2 tickets
- Working smart: building tools and automations which help customers fix issues themselves
- Building strong, collaborative relationships with engineering colleagues in Vietnam
You'll accelerate your career quickly, working with talented people in a fully remote and flexible environment. We encourage our teams to embrace new technology, actively leveraging Github Copilot and other generative AI.
What will you bring
We're looking for someone who:
- Has some experience with at least one of Ruby on Rails, React, Node.js or Typescript and is keen to pick up new languages and frameworks
- Finds it rewarding to investigate and solve issues for customers
- Is a strong communicator who can work with + learn from teams across different time zones
- Is happy solving problems under pressure
- Can effectively manage their own time
Experience is important, but for us the biggest measure of success is people who can live and breathe our values. Show us what you can bring to the table, and we’ll empower you to let your talents shine.
Life at Employment Hero
At Employment Hero, we're not just working remotely; we're integrating flexibility and global reach into the heart of our daily operations.
We also recognise the value of face-to-face connection, and organise local and global gatherings throughout the year to celebrate our wins and make meaningful connections with our colleagues.
Work your way
Every hero has unique powers. Bound by a common purpose and trust, we encourage each other to work in ways that allow us to bring our best selves to work.
We've got your back
Whether you’re a seasoned remote-first pro, or a first-timer, you’re in good company. With 100+ heroes in the UK and 850+ heroes globally, team support and collaboration is at your fingertips.
But don’t just take it from us, here’s a quote from one of our UK heroes:
“A couple of years ago I couldn’t have even imagined that I would be sitting here in my apartment in London, doing my dream job with a team on the other side of the world. But what I really didn’t expect is how safe and supported I feel in my role, and that so much trust and such a friendly working environment has been built quickly and virtually.”
Plus you’ll get to enjoy a number of great perks, including:
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events events and team celebrations
- Reward and recognition programs - because great work should be recognised and rewarded including Lightning Award for delivering quality work at speed and Values Champion Awards
- Annual Global Gathering to get to know your global colleagues - so far we’ve been to Thailand, Vietnam and are excited to meet in Bali in September 2024
Are we a match?
Click apply to send us your CV and start the process! We'll review your application and keep you updated.
The interview process for this role is:
- Step 1: 60 min coding challenge for you do in your own time
- Step 2: 30 min video call with someone from the Talent Acquisition team where we will go through your overall working experience, your motivations and expectations. This is also an opportunity for you to clarify any information you need about the job and Employment Hero
- Step 3: 45 min online interview with engineers from our HR and eBenefits team, where we will dive deep into your technical skills and approach to problem solving
- Step 4: 45 min online interview with engineering leads from our UK team, where we focus on Employment Hero values and ways of working
We recognise that the same recruitment process doesn’t fit all, so should you require any accommodations or adjustments, simply let us know.
Not exactly the right fit for you?
If you’re excited about Employment Hero, but this role is not the one for you, we encourage you to explore our careers page, packed with many more great opportunities.
Note to recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.