Accounts Receivable Specialist
Our mission and where you fit in
At Employment Hero, we’re an ambitious bunch of people on a mission to make employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
Since our inception in 2014, we've had some pretty impressive growth (100% YoY), now serving 300,000 businesses globally, with 2 million+ users on the platform, reaching unicorn status in 2022 - and we have no plans to slow down.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join one of the fastest-growing SaaS unicorns, so let’s see if we could be a match!
What might your days look like
We're a team of global innovators, who cherish diverse perspectives that fuel our mission; to simplify the world of work for SMBs worldwide.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist plays a crucial role in the operations of the Finance team. They will be responsible for managing and ensuring the timely collection of outstanding debts or payments owed to Employment Hero from all revenue streams. As we work to streamline processes, they will support efforts communicating effectively across a variety of teams.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be extremely organised and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They will do well in this role if they have knowledge of Account Receivable procedures and will play a crucial role in maintaining healthy cash flow for the company by minimising overdue payments and managing customer relationships effectively.
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will:
- Take ownership of all Account Receivable softwares and ledgers across all revenue streams
- Actively correspond with customers by phone and email to verify payment status, payment information, maintain good account standing, and when necessary, resolve outstanding account issues while maintaining a positive customer relationship
- Deliver high quality customer service and resolve all inquiries in a timely manner
- Reconcile the Accounts Receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Preparation of Account Receivable reporting and collection status, and presentation to internal stakeholders
- Periodically audit ledgers to ensure accuracy, and proactively reviewing to ensure account information is up to date
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Prepare quarterly proposed Account Receivable write-offs in line with industry standards
- Resolve late payments and if applicable work with debt collectors and prepare payment plan if required
- Aid in the continuous improvement of our systems, processes and tools
What will you bring
- Financial acumen and understanding of Accounts Receivable processes
- You have 2+ years of A/R and collections experience
- A customer-centric and service-oriented mind-set
- Excellent verbal and written English, to enable strong communication with customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate payment terms and arrangements with customers while maintaining positive relationships
- Critical thinking skills to identify and resolve issues related to overdue payments and discrepancies
- Managing duties through wise planning and prioritisation
- Providing excellent customer service, addressing customer inquiries and concerns professionally
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Intermediate excel skills (- a bonus if you are familiar with Zuora, Upflow and Zendesk!)
- Critical and creative thinker - you are able to come up with new best practice processes and solutions to day-to-day challenges.
Experience is important, but for us the biggest measure of success is people who can live and breathe our values. Show us what you can bring to the table, and we’ll empower you to let your talents shine.
Life at Employment Hero
At Employment Hero, we're not just working remotely; we're integrating flexibility and global reach into the heart of our daily operations.
We also recognise the value of face-to-face connection, and organise local and global gatherings throughout the year to celebrate our wins and make meaningful connections with our colleagues.
Work your way
Every hero has unique powers. Bound by a common purpose and trust, we encourage each other to work in ways that allow us to bring our best selves to work.
We’ve got your back
Whether you’re a seasoned remote-first pro, or a first-timer, you’re in good company. With 900+ heroes globally, team support and collaboration is at your fingertips.
But don’t just take it from us, here’s a quote from one of our AU heroes:
“Working for a company that has purpose and meaning is felt throughout the entire business. No one turns up to work just to get paid - we turn up to work because we care and take pride in what we do, but we also know how to create balance and flexibility in the important things in our life, such as family, friends and leading a lifestyle consistent with our values.”
Plus you’ll get to enjoy a number of great perks, including:
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Reward and recognition programs - because great work should be recognised and rewarded
- Including Lightning Award for delivering quality work at speed and Values Champion Awards
- Swag app cashback offers and discounts on hundreds of your favourite brands and products
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Social events and team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero
- Annual Global Gathering to get to know your global colleagues - so far we’ve been to Thailand, Vietnam and are excited to meet in Bali in September 2024
We also recognise that the same recruitment process doesn’t fit all, so should you require any accommodations or adjustments, simply let us know.
Are we a match?
Not exactly the right fit for you?
- If you’re excited about Employment Hero, but this role is not the one for you, we encourage you to explore our careers page, packed with many more great opportunities.
- Know someone who would be a great fit? Feel free to share the role with your network!
Note to recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.