Events Marketing Specialist (SEA) - Singapore
Our mission and where you fit in
At Employment Hero, we’re an ambitious bunch of people on a mission to make employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
Since our inception in 2014, we've had some pretty impressive growth (100% YoY), now serving 300,000 businesses globally, with 2 million+ users on the platform, reaching unicorn status in 2022 - and we have no plans to slow down.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join one of the fastest-growing SaaS unicorns, so let’s see if we could be a match!
What might your days look like
We're a team of global innovators, who cherish diverse perspectives that fuel our mission; to simplify the world of work for SMBs worldwide.
Reporting to the Head of Brand & Content in SEA, this role will build on the success of our current events program. You will use your skills and experience to manage small to large scale events in SEA, whether that be in-person, hybrid or online.
What will you bring
- Own the end-to-end execution of events in SEA, including online, hybrid, and in-person.
- Run and manage event projects against budgets and timelines.
- Build a community of engaged and active event participants in SEA - made up of industry partners, prospects and existing customers.
- Work closely with the SEA Managing Director and Head of Marketing on event planning and deliverables.
- Work closely with the Event Leads in each region - ANZ and UK, to ensure events are consistent with themes and on brand.
- Work closely with the Growth Marketing team to maximise Employment Hero’s reach and presence at events through sponsorships and partnerships.
- Work closely with Employment Hero’s sales, marketing, partner and design team for event deliverables.
- Build strong event relationships with industry organisations and event suppliers in SEA.
- Report on event effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement or optimisation.
- Demonstrated experience in running events end to end in SEA (specifically Singapore and/or Malaysia).
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in putting together in-depth event plans to align with company goals and objectives.
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills - face to face and digitally.
- Budget Management
- An in-depth understanding of the SEA event market.
- Proven project and logistics management skills with an ability to prioritise and delegate tasks.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience working with industry organisations and third party suppliers.
- Experience in acquiring and working with guest speakers.
- Confident with online webinar and events technology.
- Comfortable conducting site inspections, scoping out new events and attending in-person events (travel will be necessary).
- Experience working in B2B events and within a marketing team is preferred but not essential.
Experience is important, but for us the biggest measure of success is people who can live and breathe our values. Show us what you can bring to the table, and we’ll empower you to let your talents shine.
Values we look for:
- Structured: maintains a critical view on processes and is ready to define new ways of working and refine existing ones; highly organised.
- Driven: a self-starter who drives their own workload and takes the initiative to challenge themselves and others.
- Visionary: acts as the leader of an idea and rallies people; focused on the long-term and the big picture.
- Articulate: able to manage diverse stakeholders, lead a constructive debate, and see both sides of an argument.
- Trusting: lets others get on with work in their area of expertise; steps in only when needed.
- Curious: solves problems using evidence and gets to the right answer quickly; questions the status quo but leaves ego at the door.
Life at Employment Hero
At Employment Hero, we're not just working remotely; we're integrating flexibility and global reach into the heart of our daily operations.
We also recognise the value of face-to-face connection, and organise local and global gatherings throughout the year to celebrate our wins and make meaningful connections with our colleagues.
Work your way
Every hero has unique powers. Bound by a common purpose and trust, we encourage each other to work in ways that allow us to bring our best selves to work.
We’ve got your back
Whether you’re a seasoned remote-first pro, or a first-timer, you’re in good company. With 900+ heroes globally, team support and collaboration is at your fingertips.
But don’t just take it from us, here’s a quote from one of our AU heroes:
“Working for a company that has purpose and meaning is felt throughout the entire business. No one turns up to work just to get paid - we turn up to work because we care and take pride in what we do, but we also know how to create balance and flexibility in the important things in our life, such as family, friends and leading a lifestyle consistent with our values.”
Plus you’ll get to enjoy a number of great perks, including:
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Reward and recognition programs - because great work should be recognised and rewarded
- Including Lightning Award for delivering quality work at speed and Values Champion Awards
- Swag app cashback offers and discounts on hundreds of your favourite brands and products
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Social events and team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero
- Annual Global Gathering to get to know your global colleagues - so far we’ve been to Thailand, Vietnam and are excited to meet in Bali in September 2024
We also recognise that the same recruitment process doesn’t fit all, so should you require any accommodations or adjustments, simply let us know.
Are we a match?
Once your application is in, you can expect these next steps in your interview journey with us:
- Recruiter first call
- Hiring Manager chat
- Final chat with Managing Director, Asia
Not exactly the right fit for you?
- If you’re excited about Employment Hero, but this role is not the one for you, we encourage you to explore our careers page, packed with many more great opportunities.
- Know someone who would be a great fit? Feel free to share the role with your network!
Note to recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.