People & Culture Advisor
Our mission and where you fit in
At Employment Hero, we’re an ambitious bunch of people on a mission to make employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
Since our inception in 2014, we've had some pretty impressive growth (100% YoY), now serving 300,000 businesses globally, with 2 million+ users on the platform, reaching unicorn status in 2022 - and we have no plans to slow down.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join one of the fastest-growing SaaS unicorns, so let’s see if we could be a match!
What might your days look like
We're a team of global innovators, who cherish diverse perspectives that fuel our mission; to simplify the world of work for SMBs worldwide.
As our People & Culture Advisor, you will be become a key player in the intersection of people and technology at Employment Hero. Reporting to the P&C Operations Manager, you'll be at the forefront of shaping the employee experience for our team globally.
Your impact will be felt across diverse people programs and operations, contributing significantly to the success of our people centric driven initiatives. As a P&C Advisor, you're not just supporting a team – you're sculpting a positive company culture that empowers our Heroes to thrive.
From handling employee support to managing employment systems and lifecycle, you'll be instrumental in enhancing the overall employee experience with practical solutions and advice that resonate with our company values.
Picture yourself as the go-to person for all things People & Culture, steering inquiries with finesse and expertise. This role is tailor-made for individuals with a knack for taking initiative and a desire to broaden their generalist experience under the mentorship of our team.
As our P&C Advisor, you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting the People & Culture Team in compliance, IR matters, coaching, and contributing to the People Roadmap and people programs.
- Serving as the key resource on benefits and company policies, providing support to employees and managers.
- Enhancing our current onboarding process and overseeing the employee lifecycle, including but not limited to onboarding, offboarding, performance reviews, salary reviews, paperwork, benefits, etc.
- Establishing robust reporting and analytics systems to provide decision-making data.
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams (BP’s, Finance, Legal) to facilitate people programs, with a specific emphasis on partnering with our Finance Team for monthly payroll preparation.
- Continuously optimising HR processes for increased efficiency, leveraging digital tools, automation, and data to elevate operational productivity.
- Developing and executing engaging global strategies, including coordinating regional events, online activities, and fostering impactful reward and recognition programs.
What will you bring
- Minimum of 2 years of HR experience
- Proven experience in a P&C Operations role
- A strong growth mindset - you’re always looking for better ways to get the job done
- A proven track record of thriving in dynamic, fast-paced work environments, showcasing adaptability and effective decision-making
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Tech-savvy, with a solid understanding of software development processes and experience working with cross-functional teams
Experience is important, but for us the biggest measure of success is people who can live and breathe our values. Show us what you can bring to the table, and we’ll empower you to let your talents shine.
Life at Employment Hero
At Employment Hero, we're not just working remotely; we're integrating flexibility and global reach into the heart of our daily operations.
Work your way
Every hero has unique powers. Bound by a common purpose and trust, we encourage each other to work in ways that allow us to bring our best selves to work.
We’ve got your back
Whether you’re a seasoned remote-first pro, or a first-timer, you’re in good company. With 900+ heroes globally, team support and collaboration is at your fingertips.
But don’t just take it from us, here’s a quote from one of our AU heroes:
“Working for a company that has purpose and meaning is felt throughout the entire business. No one turns up to work just to get paid - we turn up to work because we care and take pride in what we do, but we also know how to create balance and flexibility in the important things in our life, such as family, friends and leading a lifestyle consistent with our values.”
Plus you’ll get to enjoy a number of great perks, including:
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Reward and recognition programs - because great work should be recognised and rewarded
- Including Lightning Award for delivering quality work at speed and Values Champion Awards
- Swag app cashback offers and discounts on hundreds of your favourite brands and products
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Social events and team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero
- Annual Global Gathering to get to know your global colleagues - so far we’ve been to Thailand, Vietnam and are excited to meet in Bali in September 2024
We also recognise that the same recruitment process doesn’t fit all, so should you require any accommodations or adjustments, simply let us know.
Are we a match?
Once you apply, successful applications will be invited to meet with our Talent team, we can't wait to meet you!
Not exactly the right fit for you?
- If you’re excited about Employment Hero, but this role is not the one for you, we encourage you to explore our careers page, packed with many more great opportunities.
- Know someone who would be a great fit? Feel free to share the role with your network!
Note to recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.