Senior Creative Lead
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role (what you’ll do)
All creative, media and strategy is currently done in-house and we have a bias for execution. Meaning you’ll be responsible for leading and owning creative work streams from ideation through to execution alongside a team of talented creatives.
We’re looking for someone who understands how to make work that moves people from never having heard about our brands, to taking action and becoming life-long patients. You will empower your team to move quickly, constantly testing different creative territories, and scaling what works. You'll own our brand identity from end-to-end, including brand and packaging strategy to fully integrated marketing campaigns.
Forget the agency world, make work that really benefits society - we're not selling Big Mac's or Asahi's. All of our brands have an immensely positive impact to our customers health & confidence. You’ll have ownership on a larger part of the creative process at Eucalyptus, and your execution won’t be limited to work that comes directly in briefs. If you’ve got ideas that you believe will work, we’ll make it come to life.
As the creative lead you will be reporting to the Growth Lead.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of creatives to create work that wins attention, is purpose-fit for channel and, ultimately, enables our brand to help as many patients as possible
- Direct the ideation, execution, and iteration of all product packaging, marketing, and advertising - using high level business strategy and performance metrics to inform your thinking
- Be accountable for leading the standards and consistency of brand identity and voice - from packaging concepts to digital marketing materials to retail trade marketing
- Managing the traffic and workflow of all creative briefs, ensuring work is being delivered on time, and finding solves when blocked
- Collaborate with NPD and growth teams to bring new products to life, developing our brand identity as we expand our physical product range
- Oversee integrated through-the-line campaigns that drive business growth - this includes creative that might sit on landing pages, TV, BVOD, OOH, email and socials
- Create an environment conducive to breakthrough creative work, including growing and up-skilling a world-class creative team and making space for good ideas to thrive
- Establish cross-functional ways of working between various functions to optimise throughput and velocity of creative projects related to product and brand.
- Lead the brand development and ideation process for new business/brand opportunities.
- Engage and liaise with external agencies when required.
About you (who you are)
- 5+ years of experience, with time at the Creative Lead/Director level, where you had overall responsibility for the creative of one or more brands (ideally in FMCG).
- A proven track record for directing creative at a high-growth or scale-up business
- Strong leaderships skills and an ability to work collaboratively across channels and departments
- A high standard for creative excellence and the ability to level up the craft within a team
- Demonstrated ability to quickly shift priorities in order to manage day to day communications while setting and meeting strict deadlines and budgets
- A strong understanding of tone of voice and design principles, to ensure all creative in on-brand and consistent
- Experience in hiring new employees, conducting performance reviews, and the ability to level up the craft within a team
- Excellent stakeholder management skills (both internal and external)
- Bonus: A passion towards all things skincare and haircare
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.