Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role (What you’ll be doing)
As Eucalyptus and its brands continue to scale we have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join our Supply Chain team. The Procurement Manager will build our supplier base to support our rapidly growing product portfolio, improve performance and quickly identify and implement cost savings to enable further growth.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a newly created role and have an impact at a critical growth stage of our business. You will work closely with our Operations and NPD teams to enable the rapid launch and scaling of new verticals while gaining knowledge of a wide portfolio of products including pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, supplements/ complementary medicines, food-grade products and packaging.
We are looking for a structured and commercially minded individual with a passion for changing healthcare in Australia to join our amazing team. This is a great role for a candidate who is looking to own strategic projects from start to finish. You will be identifying opportunities and implementing these while working with a growing cross-functional team.
As a Procurement Project Manager, you’ll focus on:
- Gather and critically analyse data to inform cost savings objectives.
- Develop a plan to achieve these savings. We are looking to set ambitious cost targets for 2024 and beyond and you will be the one to lead this!
- Implement the agreed on plan through a combination of:
- Supplier performance management
- Commercial negotiations
- Collaboration with our internal teams (e.g. NPD, Supply Chain, Legal)
- Support teams across the business in commercial negotiations and sourcing
- Establish long-term relationships with key suppliers, particularly for high demand product lines
- Proactively identify ways to strengthen and formalise these relationships
- Build an in-depth knowledge of the availability of different product types and use this to inform business decision making
Building our supplier network to enable growth:
- Take a strategic view of our supplier network proactively identifying risks and building a plan to mitigate these
- Understand the trade-offs between global and local suppliers and how to balance these
- Establish base line performance metrics and work with suppliers to improve over time
- Work closely with our new product teams to ensure seamless delivery of product launches
- Identify and implement minimum quality standards across our supplier network
- Future state: This role may grow into leading global supply agreements particularly for large commercial medication manufacturers
About you (Who you are):
- 5+ years experience in a consulting, commercial, supply chain, product or project focused role
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to manage projects end-to-end
- An interest in working with new products and supporting growth of our revenue streams through strategic supplier management
- Strong negotiation skills - we’re looking for someone to work with our internal teams and suppliers to find savings and implement these
- An understanding of contractual agreements and the ability to work with our suppliers to achieve the best outcomes for EUC
- Strong relationship building skills and a partnership approach to supplier management
- Strong digital skills
Why you should join Euc:
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.