Customer Experience Team Leader
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Committed to making a difference, InDebted was founded to change the world of consumer debt recovery for good. We're disrupting a broken industry and creating a better way for businesses to recover debt - where the customer comes first.
We’re a global, digital-first, and customer-obsessed team of over 200 people, living and working across 11 different countries.
And we’ve also recently been named the AFR BOSS Best Place to Work! By focusing on the happiness and well-being of our people, we’ve created a truly flexible, purpose-driven, and engaging workplace. We’re all here with one shared vision - to remove barriers to financial freedom for all people.
As a Team Leader you actively and effectively support the team to achieve business objectives and will be primarily responsible for coaching agents to ensure productivity, effectiveness and compliance KPIs are met.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, see challenges as opportunities to innovate, are motivated by the chance to build something great and help change the world of debt recovery for good, and delight in the growth and success of your team and the adulation of your customers, then this is the perfect fit for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team dedicated to a strategic client, and ensure we are meeting all client expectations and SLAs in regards to quality across both digital and inbound + outbound voice interactions
- Monitor key metrics (including quality, productivity, and revenue for outbound voice agents) at a team and individual level,
- Provide regular and impactful coaching to your team
- Partner with the QA team to implement and execute an effective QA program
- Handle escalations to ensure customers have any concerns resolved
- Role model our core values and guide your team to demonstrate these values every day
- Support your team in their personal growth and career goals
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all relevant regulations and monitor compliance within your team
- Work with your team, your peers, and other functions to identify and implement process improvements to improve efficiency, effectiveness or quality and deliver world-class service for our customers
- Provide feedback and analysis to leadership to help identify and resolve issues and assist with resource management
- Actively and effectively support the team to achieve business objectives, while maintaining high team engagement
- Taking calls and digital interactions based on volume or team availability
- Be the representative for the Customer team on relevant client calls, calibrations and audits
Experience & Skills: Must have:
- 1+ years experience leading a team in a changing environment
- Passion to help support and grow your team, and to have a positive impact on our customer’s debt free journey
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team members to excel by example
- Exceptional listening and comprehension skills
- Strong initiative and ability to adapt to new projects and suggest process improvements
- Computer literate with proficiency in Google suite and willingness to learn and embrace new systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to interact clearly and concisely with team members and customers with the aim of providing world-class customer service experience
- Strong self-organization, decision making and analytical abilities
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong detail orientation
Nice to have:
- Experience working over the phone with customers, preferably in the debt collection space
- Fluent in writing, listening and speaking Spanish
- Familiarity with debt collection regulations in the United States; and
- Exposure to a high growth startup environmen
What Does Success Look Like in the First 90 Days:
- Built strong relationships with your direct team, and peers within customer service and in other key functions
- Helped your team support thousands of customers on their debt free journey, using your deep understanding of our product and their situation to help reach the best outcome
- Guided a team member to an ‘aha’ moment, to help them improve their performance
- Identified a process that we can improve and implemented it with the support of your team and other functions, living our bias for action value
- Been a key part of developing a strong QA process for the team
- Supported your team to achieve 90+ on our quality scorecards, demonstrating how easily you can help customers on their debt free journey and follow regulations
At InDebted, you get a lot more than just a highly rewarding and exciting career. We also offer:
Work wherever - We’re a global team working in flexible locations - choose to work from home, in a co-working space, or a bit of both, or see where the role takes you
Employee equity - Access to share options in something big
Flexible paid leave - We offer a trust-based leave model - choose when you take leave, how much you take, and what you take it for
Uprise - Our EAP Provider supports your physical, social & psychological wellbeing
Remote work set-up - Once-off payment of $AUD750 or equivalent to help you create a working environment that supports your success and productivity.
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InDebted is also a proud 2022 Circle Back Initiative Global Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.