Retention and Expansion Sales Consultant, Client Success
LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our mission is to power the success of every business by delivering legal support that is proactive, affordable and commercial, and the key way we do this is through our industry-first legal services membership. You can read more about the membership here.
We have assisted over 200,000 businesses across New Zealand, Australia and the UK, and we’re just scratching the surface. We were named Law Firm of the Year at the 2021 and 2022 Australasian Law Awards, and a 5 Star Employer of Choice by Australasian Lawyer in 2023.
In this newly created role you will be part of our Client Success team that prides itself on providing outstanding service to our 1,300+ members. We know that exceptional client service keeps our members happy, which is the fuel for our growth.
Our Client Success team works with our members to ensure their businesses get the legal assistance they need in an efficient and valuable way. We take the time to understand a client’s business goals and challenges and work collaboratively with the client to deliver effective short and long-term solutions.
As a Retention and Expansion Sales Consultant, your mission will be to drive initiatives which will help LegalVision achieve its ambitious retention and expansion goals. You will primarily do this by:
- Retaining clients beyond their initial contract period: You will help our members understand that continuing to invest in quality legal support is one of the best decisions they can make for their businesses. This involves leading renewal discussions at the end of a member’s contract with the goal of retaining the member, as well as responding to in-contract cancellation requests from time to time in a productive and educational manner.
- Reviewing membership tiers as required: You will ensure our members are on the most appropriate pricing structure to meet their usage, business size, plans and risks.
- Selling additional products: The support LegalVision can provide isn’t limited to the core membership inclusions. We have a number of valuable add ons that offer additional protection to our members’ businesses. You will drive the uptake of these products among existing members.
You do not need experience in commercial law or to have worked in the legal profession to be considered for this role, though any experience you do have will be useful. You will receive both formal and on-the-job training to give you a strong understanding of the legal and commercial needs of Australian businesses. You’ll have challenging but attainable KPIs, talented colleagues, supportive leaders and excellent tools to help you succeed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in business development and sales: You have at least 2 year’s experience working in business development or existing client sales, and are excited to pursue a career in this area.
- Passionate about client experience: You have excellent client service skills and the ability to problem-solve or sell additional services when appropriate. You’re dedicated to creating experiences that exceed client expectations.
- A fast learner and a strong communicator: You are able to pick up complex concepts quickly and explain them to clients in a clear and concise manner. You are a confident communicator and can find the perfect balance between powerful persuasion and being unhelpfully pushy.
- Driven, autonomous and efficient: You work well independently and take ownership of your to-do list and responsibilities. You are organised and can effectively juggle competing priorities.
- Business and tech savvy: You’re a quick learner and have a genuine interest in assisting business owners. You’re motivated by the success of your clients and excited to contribute to the ongoing growth of LegalVision.
- Personable, resilient and a culture champion: A friendly, warm and professional demeanour will get you far. You celebrate the ups and bounce back quickly from your learning experiences.
- Fast-paced environment with exciting growth opportunities for high performers.
- Talented and energetic teammates across Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
- Ability to earn an additional 5 days of annual leave per year, plus paid birthday leave, volunteering leave, and parental leave.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning and development.
- Regular team socials, drinks and team lunches.
- Vibrant office environment in Surry Hills which is super close to Central Station, and flexible work-from-home options.
If this role sounds like it could be a great next step, we’d love to hear from you. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close once the role is filled, so apply early to avoid missing out.
A note to recruiters: we’re all over this role, so there’s no need for you to get in touch. LegalVision does not accept unsolicited CVs or responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. Thanks!