Trainee Solicitor | Employment Law
LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our mission is to power the success of every business by delivering legal support that is proactive, affordable and commercial, and the key way we do this is through our industry-first legal services membership.
We have assisted over 200,000 businesses across the UK, Australia and New Zealand, and were recently named a finalist for the Law Company of the Year at The Lawyer Awards 2023 and International Law Firm of the Year at the 2023 Business Awards UK.
LegalVision was founded to improve access for every business to quality legal services, to disrupt the traditional law firm model, and to promote a culture of technological innovation in the legal industry and beyond. As a trainee solicitor at LegalVision, you will play a critical role in bringing this mission to life.
If you are excited about the prospect of launching your legal career in an innovative and growing business that offers challenging work, a fast-paced startup environment, and impressive professional development opportunities, then we’d love to hear from you!
Due to the ongoing growth of the firm, we’re looking for a Trainee Solicitor undertaking the Solicitors Qualifying Examinations (SQE) route to qualification to join our Employment team. Under the supervision of your manager, you will assist our growing number of corporate clients with a broad range of employment law matters to help them anticipate, manage and resolve issues with employees.
LegalVision presents a unique opportunity to accelerate your legal career at the UK’s most exciting, startup law firm. LegalVision was founded to improve access for every business to quality legal services, to disrupt the traditional law firm model, and to promote a culture of technological innovation in the legal industry and beyond. As a Trainee Solicitor at LegalVision, you will play a critical role in bringing this mission to life.
You will receive comprehensive formal and on-the-job training focused on technical legal knowledge, matter management, and client service and meeting professional obligations, to give you a strong understanding of the legal needs of our clients, and to meet the requirements of your Qualifying Work Experience (QWE).
Due to an immediate need in our team, we are only able to consider candidates with notice periods of 4 weeks or less (i.e. who can commence full-time work no later than March 2024).
What You’ll Be Doing
Under the supervision of our Practice Leaders and Senior Associates, a typical day may include (among other things):
- Providing oral and written advice to clients on a broad range of employment and health & safety law matters (including as part of our industry leading Legal Advice Consultation service).
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on employment documents, such as employment contracts, settlement agreements, staff handbooks, and health & safety policies.
- Supporting clients and advising on recruitment, onboarding, terminations, and the application of their staff handbooks.
- Assisting clients with contentious employment matters, including pre-tribunal advice and tribunal claims.
- Conducting legal research.
- Participating in role plays to improve your client service skills, or having a team lunch on the rooftop.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in employment law: You have at least 6 months of experience working in employment law in a private practice or in-house environment, and you're enthusiastic about persuing a career as an employment lawyer.
- Available: Due to an immediate need in our team, we are only able to consider candidates with notice periods of 4 weeks or less (i.e. who can commence full-time work no later than March 2024).
- Eligible: You are a SQE qualification pathway candidate and you have successfully completed your SQE1 assessment, or you have graduated from the Legal Practice Course, meaning you are exempt from the SQE1 assessment.
- Wants to do things differently and isn’t the average trainee: You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are keen to grow as a solicitor in an innovative environment.
- Passionate about the client experience: You are focused on your clients and you’re dedicated to creating experiences that exceed client expectations.
- Personable, empathetic and resilient: You are friendly, warm and professional. You celebrate the ups, and push through and learn from the downs.
- Cool and calm under pressure: You are an organised and efficient worker, and can effectively manage competing priorities.
- Fast-paced startup environment with accelerated growth opportunities for high performers.
- Talented teammates across the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- No suits, and no billable hour targets!
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) plus contractual sick pay.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning and development opportunities.
- Regular team socials, drinks and meals.
- Birthday leave, and enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Vibrant office environment in Ancoats (with a rooftop) + WFH options.
If joining LegalVision sounds like the perfect start for your legal career, we’d love to hear from you!
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply early to avoid missing out.