Senior Software Engineer
Phocas has been helping people feel good about data for over twenty years, from our days as a UK based start-up, birthed in a Brixton backpackers, to a successful global organisation headquartered in Sydney with 300 employees around the world. We delight our customers by doing the hard work for them, using the latest cloud technologies and best tools for the job.
Our values? Fun, fulfilling, forever - and we mean that. People love working at Phocas because of our amazing culture. We have some of the happiest employees around!
This is an opportunity for a senior developer to make a big impact on one of our product teams:
- implement a major product re-design to take advantage of a significant market opportunity
- help drive a high performing team culture as part of a cross-functional team
- set the product’s architectural direction and contribute to product roadmap decisions
- mentor other engineers
We're looking for:
- A confident, experienced developer who can make and communicate well-informed technical and architectural decisions
- A strong history of developing software products in modern web and UI orientated languages and frameworks - ideally including React, Typescript, GraphQL, C#, and SQL
- Experience delivering software products that run on cloud-based infrastructure (preferably Amazon AWS)
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Enthusiasm, passion, a willingness to learn, and a growth mindset.
- A sense of fun and a genuine desire to work as part of a diverse and collaborative team that is empowered to make decisions.
Sadly due to current NZ border restrictions, for the time being we can only consider applicants with established working rights for New Zealand, who are either currently resident in NZ or have existing travel arrangements.
- Competitive salary and stock options plan
- Benefits include life, income protection insurance and subsidised health cover
- Work with some of the best tech talent in Christchurch
- Central location with free parking and easy motorway access
- Fruit, hot & cold drinks, snacks and drinks on Friday
We pride ourselves on our positive, collaborative culture and encourage our team to come into the office - and we love being here! - but we also like to be flexible around hours and working from home.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To all recruitment agencies: Phocas does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Phocas employees or any other company location. Phocas will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.