Bicycle Mechanic (m/f/d) Workstudent / Werkstudent
At Zoomo, our vision is to decarbonise the last mile delivery space. If you have used Gorillas or Getir delivery, chances are they came to you on our Zoomo bikes!
Expect to join a fast-paced and supportive environment where opportunities are big and career development important. Zoomers represent over 20 nationalities, with our leadership team coming from 8 different cultural backgrounds. You could be working with an ex-scuba instructor and master bakers on one day and an ex-professional basketball player and a rave enthusiast on another. If there is something different about you, you will fit right in.
We are looking for a skilled Bicycle Mechanic to assemble, maintain and repair our fleet of e-bikes. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality of Zoomo e-bikes. A Zoomo mechanic must have good manual dexterity and great attention to detail. You must be able to work in a team with various equipment and tools as well as follow all safety precautions. Frankfurt is our newest location, therefore we are looking for a motivated and self driven mechanic to help us set-up the best e-bike service possible.
- Assemble and inspect new Zoomo Bikes before adding them to the fleet.
- Inspect Zoomo bikes and run diagnostics to discover any functionality issues.
- You are the first contact person for the customer assigned to you and you are enjoying daily customer contact.
- Repairing and servicing of the e-bikes to the highest level of quality.
- Perform scheduled e-bike maintenance onsite and offsite.
- Keep logs of work and report on any issues
- Ensure that your work area is safe, clean & tidy.
- Professional or personal experience with bicycles including motorbikes, e-mopeds or even cars
- Student at a German university
- First experience in customer service or customer facing roles
- Ideally first experience with e-bikes and lithium ion batteries
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to work independently, but also must be able to work together with global teams.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Flexibility is an absolute must, we are a startup and things change daily so we hope you will remain flexible outside of your responsibilities to work other days or at a different location in your proximity.
- Knowledge of English or/and German required.
- A Driving licence class B is desirable but not essential.
- A passion for bicycles!
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode that offers many opportunities for personal development, such as
- 14€ - 15€ per hour depending on experience
- Flexible working hours and days
- Free e-bike depending on availability.
- Global fun with a team from the UK, Australia, USA, Philippines, France and more..
- Work in a well-funded start-up with a strong leadership team and global presence.
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunities for personal development.
- The full support of an experienced management team in achieving your professional goals.
Zoomo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.