At Zoomo, our vision is to transition every commercial urban mile to light electric vehicles (LEVs) to build sustainable and more equitable cities. To that end, we are building the world’s most convenient, affordable, and safe e-bike platform.
In 4 years Zoomo has helped transition millions of urban miles to light electric vehicles, built a team of >200 world class engineers, operators, sales staff and vehicle repair technicians; developed and deployed the world's best last mile delivery electric bikes and fleet management software; and successfully deploys these solutions around the world. We operate across the USA, UK, Europe, Canada and Australia. Zoomo vehicles are used by major players in the food, grocery and parcel delivery segments with partners including UberEats, Doordash, JustEat Takeaway, Deliveroo, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Amazon, FedEx, Getir, Ocado, GoPuff and many more.
We're looking for an operations leader to further grow and improve our home market in Australia. This role will lead our retail and enterprise operations across Australia as we further consolidate our position as Australia’s leading provider of Light Electric Vehicles for commercial use. We're looking for a passionate operator who can move at a fast-pace and build efficient world-class operations that scale while delivering an outstanding customer experience.
You will have the support of central functions, but will take full responsibility for building and implementing the processes and systems in Australia that will ensure Zoomo delivers outstanding value to our customers in a cost efficient manner.
You will be responsible for leading all operations in Australia for Zoomo. This includes the following areas:
- Build a high performing team: Manage and grow a team of store managers, retail staff, mechanics, field operations and back of house support staff. You will be responsible for hiring & developing your team and establishing a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment.
- Implement an operating model for success: build internal operational capabilities, define warehouse and logistics strategy, refine and optimise a competitive pricing strategy across a range of SKUs, etc.
- Labour spend optimisation: maximise workshop productivity to keep labour spend at a low, but sustainable level
- Supply Chain and Logistics: build out inter and intra city logistics (from warehouse strategy to vehicle selection) to ensure bikes and parts are where they need to be when they need to be there, in the most efficient way.
- Cultivate a culture of performance that allows us to score goals and develop as an employer-of-choice brand
- Work Health and Safety: Work with central teams to develop and implement a zero tolerance health, safety, security, and environmental strategy which covers both workshops and rider safety and goes above and beyond local requirements and regulation, setting new standards for the e-bike industry.
You will ensure that your team is delivering on quality - we promise our customers that we'll do what we say - and that compliance, company policies and regulation is being adhered to.
- You might have 3-5 years of experience in operations heavy businesses, ideally having managed a fleet of vehicles in the past and been responsible for their delivery and maintenance. Experience in setting up warehouses and workshops is a plus.
- You have proven experience as an operations associate, fleet manager, maintenance manager, operations manager, or transport manager. You understand inventory management, logistics, and best practices for fleet management
- You like building things from the ground up - not having a template lets you put your own spin on the answer and push the boundaries of what’s possible
- You have recruited and managed front line workers and you know how to adapt in front of all levels.
- You enjoy creating processes to drive operational improvements - the extra 1% adds up over time
- You have strong personal skills - your peers look forward to working with you, your managers trust you to deliver, and you bring your customers on the journey with relationship building and crystal clear expectation management
- You have a data-driven mentality and strong business judgement. You can use numbers to drive
- You’re comfortable at any “altitude” - you take pride in everything you do. It doesn’t matter if it’s sitting in a workshop to learn how we can change tires faster or crushing a presentation for a global enterprise partner. your decisions and are building your analytical skill set each day
- You can get things done yourself and are excited by the thought of trying new strategies everyday while keeping a laser sharp focus on achieving results
- You’re aligned with Zoomo’s vision and purpose
We offer you the chance to be part of a team at the cutting edge of the world’s electrification journey, including:
- Working with a switched on team that strives to make the streets greener and serve the rider
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Benefit from the company's success, through equity options - giving you ownership in and financial upside to the company’s long term success
- Global and country-specific benefits packages
- Flexible working that is focussed on the delivery of OKRs
- Monthly team outings & events
- Get to know our product by using one of our e-bikes
- Annual learning and development allowance
- Mental wellbeing support
Zoomers currently represent 45 nationalities and we celebrate diversity and inclusion with equal opportunities for all.